Regardless to how someone becomes a Permanent Resident, if they have been predominately within the United States during the five year (or three if through marriage) wait as a permanent resident, then it is time to consider becoming a United States Citizen. In this process, the applicant will have to pass an English proficiency test as well as an exam on Civics, or information about the United States. Not to worry, we can help guide the applicant through every step involved. Keep in mind, once you have become a citizen, you can enjoy all of the same rights as any other citizen whether born here or naturalized.